Pages

Tuesday 5 May 2015

World War I Letter - Tim

Dear Brother Alex,

PLease do not read this letter aloud. REad it to yourself in a quiet environment. This is a letter for only your eyes. This place is horrendous, I feel dirty and disgusting. I see soldiers dying, I see bullet, after bullet being shot at victim’s. The damage to the soldiers is correct to believe. Everytime I shoot soldiers, not one bit of me feels proud about it. I feel like a murderer.

Alex, I hear soldiers shooting all the time. I hear the loud bangs from the grenades. I feel scared not knowing if I will come out of this battle alive. Its a risk I am willing to take. I have never felt so scared in my life.

Although I am dying out here I am grateful you are sick at home not experiencing what I am. Please lie to mother that my health is the same as I left home. Hope to hear from you soon.

Your Loving Brother,
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.