Pages

Monday 25 May 2015

5 Minutes of Rangitoto - Tim


5 Minutes of Rangitoto



PBS students and Kids Can helpers was ready to start our Rangitoto journey. I could already hear laughter from behind me, I turn around and apparently someone made a funny joke. We walk up and I can see a lot of rocks surrounding the pathways where we walked. There were a lot of birds chirping and a lot of rocks crunching, like I am eating something crunchy. I felt so tired, I was fine for a couple of minutes but now I have become exhausted, I couldn’t believe it wasn’t even 30 minutes and I am already tired. So it has been about at least 20 minutes and Roshni, Saruja and I  were still talking.

Kids Can, Students and I have just made it pasted 30 minutes and I felt like the time to take off my school jacket because it was really hot. So we walked up this big hill where everybody is resting on huge rocks. It was a big relief that everybody got a rest, especially me, I was a handful. I could finally catch my breath, because somehow it ran away. After we rested, we continued our walking journey to the top of Rangitoto. I looked around and I could see some Possum and Rats traps which looked very strange because I have never seen those types of traps.

So it has been about 50 minutes and I just felt like I needed a 50 minute break, but I just continued on. I saw this long stick just in front of me while I was walking, I couldn’t pass it up because I needed a walking stick. We almost made it to the top and I turn around and I saw this lifetime view of Auckland. It was about 10 minutes away that I wanted to see the inside of the volcano. I looked inside of it, I was expecting the inside of Rangitoto to be that deep. Well I turn to my left and I see Saruja walk up some stairs. I follow Saruja tracks and I made it up to this resting place exactly on top of Rangitoto. Its such a fantastic view, I just couldn’t take my eyes off it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.