Pages

Monday 23 February 2015

Spelling: W1 T1 - Tim

Spelling
LI: To develop an understanding of words that will guide our inquiry topic
Word
What I think it means
Dictionary Meaning
culture
I think culture means a countries nationality or a certain place they come from.
Dictionary Meaning - Customs, achievements from a particular group - Page 252
nation
I think nation means like worldwide or different countries across the world
Dictionary meaning - a large community of people most of who have the same ancestors or language - Page 254
citizen
I think citizen might mean people that can live at a certain country for how long they want.
Dictionary Meaning - Member of a nation - Page 178
country
I think country means a big land where people get to live in or visit.
Dictionary Meaning - Territory of a nation of it’s own government - Page 234
identify
I think identify means is to describe a certain thing.
Dictionary Meaning - Establish the identity of a person. Recognise - Page 536
identity
I think identity means a person’s appearance or identifying how they look.
Dictionary Meaning - Condition of being a specified person or thing - Page 536
kiwi
I think kiwi means a person who was born in New Zealand.
Dictionary Meaning - New Zealander (It just said New Zealander in the dictionary) - Page 597
icon
I think icon means a logo that represents a company, school, place, etc
Dictionary Meaning - Image or Statue or symbol used in computer systems to represent a program, option, or window - Page 535
develop
I think develop means making up something.
Dictionary Meaning - Make or become bigger - Page 288
maintain
I think maintian means is following the rules
Dictionary Meaning - Cause to continue; keep up - Page 647  
emblem
I think emblem means a type of symbol
Dictionary Meaning - Symbol or representation - Page 347  
symbol
I think a symbol means a language symbol which means something powerful or weak.  
Dictionary Meaning - Thing regarded as typifying or representing something - Page 1102
immigrate
I think immigrate means a place where a person was born and they move to another country because their country has bad education or they are at war.
Dictionary Meaning - Come into a country and settle - Page 539
This is my spelling that I did, and I had to found out a meaning of the word

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.